Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling automated TestComplete Script on TestExecute machine

SOLVED
Super Contributor

Re: Scheduling automated TestComplete Script on TestExecute machine

@cunderw 

Ran the same command directly from cmd window and it works - it launch the TE and run the Project Suite .

Community Hero

Did you create this batch file in Word or Google docs?  If so, I would paste it into Notepad or some other plain text editor and resave it.  It may have control characters in it that are causing a problem.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Marsha_R 

I wrote the script in Notepad. Saved as .bat extension.

Super Contributor

Finally I figured out. 

Here we can mention the following commands in bat file when running multiple projects in sequence

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\Bin\TestExecute.exe"  "Path to the Project1.mds" /run /exit

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\Bin\TestExecute.exe" "path to Project2.mds" /run /exit

We can also continue running the GUI tests if close the RDP connection. The details are in the link below.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/running/via-rdp/keeping-computer-unlock... 

To disconnect from Remote Desktop, run the following command on the remote computer (in the Remote Desktop window) as an Administrator:

%windir%\System32\tscon.exe RDP-Tcp#NNN /dest:console

RDP-Tcp#NNN is the ID of your current Remote Desktop session, for example, RDP-Tcp#0. You can see it in the Windows Task Manager on the Users tab, in the Session column.

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the new Interview
Top Kudoed Authors