Forum Discussion

burtsevyg
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Run TestComplete via rdp

I installed TestComplete on remote Windows 2008 Server.
Now I have a problem when I run WebStore_Sample_Project. Browser opens well but it is not opens link and all steps have failed.

Is it problem in rdp or something else.

burtsevyg
    6 years ago

Thank you. I need read a docs...

9 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

If it's a remote machine, when you start the project, do you then disconnect from the box?  Or do you minimize the RDP window?  What errors, exactly, do you get in the test log?

burtsevyg
      Occasional Contributor

I read this post.

log:

Cannot obtain the window with the window class 'IEFrame', window caption '*' and index 0.

I remind you that browser opens well but it is not opens link and all steps have failed.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

That is not a problem with RDP but sounds like a general problem with object identification.  I'm looking at the sample project that ships with TC 12.5... and I'm not finding any reference to looking for an object as an IEFrame.  Have you modified the project in any way from what was shipped?  It would be helpful if you could paste screenshots or copies of the code that is being attempted at this point.  

I, just now, tried running the script on an RDP instance to a Windows 7 box that I have.  I don't, currently, have a Windows 2008 machine available so I can't simulate EXACTLY... but generally speaking, your issue is not with RDP nor with the project shipped with the application, but something going on with implementation within the project.