Forum Discussion

kixosvk
New Contributor
9 years ago

Results Summarization

Hi , 

exists some tool for test results summarization?

For example i want to have report from last 10 runs. How manny runs was PASSED, FAILED. Or summarization for particular TestCase how many time that particular case was PASSED, FAILED etc.

I have TestSuites which are running every night via Jenkins and i would like to export these kind of data.

Thanks !

2 Replies

chrisb
    Regular Contributor

We do a summary by storing the number of passed and failed tests in project suite variables then using this data in an email notification that is sent by a script triggered by the OnStopTest event. The script that is triggered by the OnStopTest event will only send the email notificaiton if the test executed was the last one in the test run and is part of a test run and not a user executing a single test. We also write logs to a network drive location and link to this location in the email notification so a user can look at full logs if they want.

djadhav
    Regular Contributor

I create a text file as a report log.

What I usually do is as the tests are running:

+ Open the text file

+ Add logging information (e.g. TestCase001: Login with valid credentials : Status = PASS)

+ Meanwhile I also keep a count of total test cases, passed/failed test cases and incomplete test cases in the Project.Variables

+ At the end I log that information in the report log text file.

e.g.

Total Tests Run : 120

Pass/Fail Ratio  : 99/21

Total Test Execution Time : 00:38:12

All scripting languages provide great support for writing to text file. You can also choose to output in a csv format and then submit it as an Excel report