Forum Discussion

jhall68w
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Removing association to a specific browser in a keyword test

Is there a way to make this generic to just "Browser" instead of it displaying a FF, Chrome, or IE?  I am attempting to use my keyword tests that I created for desktop to using the SmartBear Browser on mobile.

jhall68w
    8 years ago

I actually decided not to use a connected device and just the use the smartbear browser by itself (and the environment manager). My issue was directly related to a connected device, and I did not want to create and manage a new image repository and separate mobile scripts.  Removing the connected device, I was able to use all of my scripts for mobile size screens with only a few minor adjustments to the scripts.

2 Replies

YuriPeshekhonov
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

Did you modify operations so they use the SmartBear Browser instead of Firefox? To modify an operation, just double-click it. If you are using the Name Mapping, you need to use the mapped objects for the mobile device instead of the ones for Firefox. 

However, I would recommend that you record a new test with the mobile device. This should be easier and faster than modifying all operations in the existing test for Firefox.  

jhall68w
      Contributor

I actually decided not to use a connected device and just the use the smartbear browser by itself (and the environment manager). My issue was directly related to a connected device, and I did not want to create and manage a new image repository and separate mobile scripts.  Removing the connected device, I was able to use all of my scripts for mobile size screens with only a few minor adjustments to the scripts.