Forum Discussion

lingling_chiang
Contributor
6 years ago

Record keyword test does not run properly in multiple monitors

I have 3 screens open, and I record the keyword test in one screen. However, the pic shows 3 screens. When I run the test, it cannot recognize the object. 

However, if I record the keyword test on another computer that only display 1 screen, I have no problem running the test in my computer with 3 screens display. 

Is there setting I need to do just to recognize the screen that the script is recording?

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Object recognition has nothing to do with number of monitors/screens.  I run test on a machine with 3 screens frequently without a problem.  So, that means we need to look at something else.

Can you post a screenshot of your recorded keyword test that's failing, the error log including the Additional Info, the NameMapping of the component that cannot be found, etc?

anupamchampati
    Frequent Contributor
    may be your detailed objects are not getting recognised and click are failing due to different resolutions. example.click(width,height) may vary for table in diff screens

do object spy and check whether all the clickable items are coming in red box as single objects if not you have to than use Width and Heigth of the object to make it click correctly.at any resolution.

hope.it will help
    let.me.know if you require any more.help
    santi
    Contributor

Hopefully you are not using coordinate click methods in your test, if that is the case, need to check screen resolution.