Forum Discussion

gdave
Regular Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Query Around NameMapping

Hi all

For desktop application, I can go into name mapping editor and double click the object alias which would then bring up the option to edit the properties and allocate unique identification criteria.

However, with web testing that's not the case. When I double click on any object alias in name mapping editor, I just get the below screen which doesn't list the object properties.

Can anyone please advise how can I set unique object properties if there is no option to do so. Thanks

• gdave :

Hi,

This is because Project Properties | Open Applications | Web Testing => Use XPath And CSS Selectors For Web Objects setting is enabled for your project.

8 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

gdave :

Hi,

This is because Project Properties | Open Applications | Web Testing => Use XPath And CSS Selectors For Web Objects setting is enabled for your project.

gdave
      Regular Contributor

Hi

Yes it is indeed but disabling that option still doesn't provide the classic options (properties etc).

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

disabling that option still doesn't provide the classic options (properties etc).

Could you clarify? Have you tried to remap an object? Are you saying that classic options are absent when remapping (or mapping a new web object) ?

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

What version of TC do you have?  I'm using Web and here's a couple of screenshots of what I see:

When I double click I get this

and then if I click that button, I get a view that looks like yours. 

gdave
      Regular Contributor

Hi

I don't think I have that option available.

The version I am using is Version: 14.72.408.7 x64.

Thanks

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

gdave wrote:

Hi

I don't think I have that option available.

The version I am using is Version: 14.72.408.7 x64.

Thanks

I have 14.20.2175.7 so I would expect it to still be in your version.