Forum Discussion

cviolo
Frequent Visitor
9 years ago

Property Checkpoint shows wrong Actual Value

Hello,

I have been having some problems with property checkpoint lately. Usually property checkpoint works the way I expect, it checks the contentText of objects on my web page and if the contentText is incorrect the test fails. The problem is, lately I have been seeing failed tests in the middle of my test suite run because the property checkpoint fails saying "Actual Value" = "".

When I check the page and the screen shots I can clearly see that the objects contentText is not empty, and if I re-run the singular test by itself the test passes. This issue seems to happen randomly when running a large group of tests. Has anyone noticed this issue before? Is there a way of fixing this issue? At the moment I am trying to fix these issues by putting delays in front of the property checkpoint however I personaly do not like delays as they slow the execution speed of my tests and they are just ugly.

I am running TC 10.6 on Windows 7. (TC 11 has given me too many problems so I have downgraded my TC for the time being). Your help is appreciated,

Cheers!

Chris Violo

Quality Assurance Analyst at Intelex Technologies Inc.

1 Reply

cunderw
    Community Hero

Instead of using delays, just increase the auto-wait timeout for those checkpoints. It will only slow the test down if the site is loading slow, which sounds like what's causing the value to come back ""