Forum Discussion

sguda
Regular Contributor
15 years ago

Project doesn't execute in network mode.

Hi ,

I saved my project suite in shared network drive. I opened the project suite in network drive and tried to run the project script.

It asmed whether i want to run in network mode. i chose yes. While executing , it is failing and giving me this error.

Type Message Time Link

Unable to run "V:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe". 16:04:17 

The object does not exist. 16:04:27 

The test execution was interrupted. 16:04:32 

How do other people can execute my projects in network mode.

4 Replies

• Hi Sri,

I answered this question via e-mail. Here is my reply for the interest of other forum readers:

When you open a project in networked mode, all tested applications have paths specific to the current local machine. So, you need to correct the paths to the tested applications to make them valid on every computer where the project can be opened. This change will not affect the default paths and the paths specified for other computers.
    sguda
    Regular Contributor
    Hi David,

I tried this. I pointed the file path in tested appl's to c:\...InternetExplorer. It works.

Thanks a lot.

So when i save the project suites and projects in shared network,  i have to change the tested apps path to local and save it that way so that other people can run it.

Is that right/

• Hi Sri,

The tested application can be installed by different paths on different machines. The networked mode allows you to use paths specific to each machine, but you need to manually specify them when you open the project on a machine for the first time. You will not have to care about different paths anymore after this as this change is saved in a computer-specific project properties file.