Forum Discussion

Dan1
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Problems with recognizing objects on page, TestComplete 12, 64-bit, IE11

Hi - 

We have recently installed TestComplete 12 trial version on a Windows 7 64bit PC with IE11. We are experiencing the following symptoms:

When clicking on a HTML object(text boxes), TestComplete records the position on the page instead of the ID of the element. 

There is also a lot of lag when recording (entering data into a text box is very slow).

Both of these problems are only there when using IE11 (works fine in Chrome), however our application supports IE, so we need to test using IE.

The attached screen shots show the difference between clicking a text box in Chrome and IE. Notice how in Chrome TC highlights the text box, but in IE TC highlights the whole page.

The problem is much the same as the following post, however we did not find a resolution on this page.

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-General-Discussions/Testcomplete-11-unable-to-identify-elements-of-web-page-in/m-p/104290/highlight/true#M20819

Thanks,

Dan.

17 Replies

kevin_kapell
      Frequent Contributor

We have had to switch to other browsers because on some pages the object spy no longer will recognize that there are any objects below the main page. It is odd because it does not happen on all pages. I have a support ticket in.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

FYI, I'm running a Windows 7 64-bit, IE 11 environment with TestComplete 12.20 without issue.  So, generally speaking, there's nothing wrong with the environment and Test Complete.

Here's the run command for running the browser via keyword test that we're using.  Again, no issues. 

So... again, back to my earlier post... have you made the necessary setting changes in your IE configuration?

Also, have you tried running TestComplete as an administrator and seeing if that corrects things?