Forum Discussion

14 years ago

Problem with global constants and case statement

I'm working in TestComplete 7 with DScript and I have the following problem with the 'case' statement.

In the source 'libVar' I have declared constants

const

TS_NOTPLANNED = 'Not Planned';

TS_PLANNED         = 'Planned';

In the following source I use libVar but the constants in the case statement will not be known. I got the error 'Constant expression expected' for the lines in the case
statement.

uses  libVar;

procedure Test;

var

TestStatus : integer;

begin

TestStatus := TS_NOTPLANNED;

case TestStatus of

TS_NOTPLANNED  : Attr.BackColor := RGB(235,235,235);

TS_PLANNED     : Attr.BackColor := RGB(128,255,255);

end;

end;

For the line 'TestStatus := TS_NOTPLANNED;' I got no error. Furthermore if I define the constants in the source where it will be used, I also get no error.

So I want to define constants global and I want to use case statements (no if statements), but it doesn't work. Has DScript a bug in this constellation?

4 Replies

Montikore
    Occasional Contributor

ok i found the issue : in one of my scripts, i'm calling a function with 2 parameters having both default value, like myfunc(); ... but using it with parenthesis breaks everything... must call it myfunc;

it should not be the case...

DHB
    Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I had announced the same problem in the past (beginning of 2008, Version 6.1) and this was AQAs answer:

Hello Dirk,

The problem is caused by an issue in the DelphiScript engine which is shipped by a third-party vendor. I have registered the problem. Unfortunately, I cannot say when it will be fixed if at all. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Andrew

It would be nice to see that fixed.

Montikore
    Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I'm facing the exact same issue... with scripts existing and running since a long time... 

I don't understand what happened, it just suddenly stopped to work, using TestComplete 12

What shall i do??

Thanks