Forum Discussion

mehvish3027
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Please let me know the default location for the ReportGenerator.exe.

Hello Team,

I am using a trial version of test complete and i couldn't find the ReportGenerator.exe file in my Test Completed default folder. Can you please let me know the location for the ReportGenerator.exe .

Thanks

Mehvish

• Hi,

The standard location: C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 12\Bin

6 Replies

baxatob
    Community Hero

Hi,

The standard location: C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 12\Bin

mehvish3027
      New Contributor

Hello Team,

Thanks for the solution provided.

I am using the ReportGenerator.exe to generate the report for my application test by using the Launch Application option , it ask me the application name and command-line parameters and after clicking the next i ran the project which i have created for my application but i couldn't see any report generated accept a .tclogs file. Is i am missing anything in the process.

Also please let me know if the Test Complete capable of generating any readable report (like MSword, MSexcel or any text file) after the project test ran for its failure/success. 

Thanks,

Mehvish 

email- shifamehvish27@gmail.com

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

OK.... I think you may not understand what "ReportGenerator" is intended to do.  ReportGenerator is a debugging tool to be used in conjunction with support requests to SmartBear to determine where problems may be occurring in the automation tool or in the interaction between the tool and your application under test.  It does not generate reports of your test to determine pass/fail of test cases... it seems that's what you're trying to do by your follow up question and ReportGenerator is not going to do that for you.

As for a "readable" text file...  have you looked at the built in Log that is present after each test run?  That is the "readable" results built in to TestComplete.  If you want something other than that, then there is the Log.SaveResultsAs method that will export the results into certain formats.... but they aren't Word or Excel.

To do what you want, you'll have to write code to do so or borrow code from some of the other folks here on line (@Shankar_R has such a thing).