Forum Discussion

pschutz
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Pause on error in TestExecute

Is there a way to have my script pause on an error using testexecute.  In TestComplete, I have a listener for OnLogError that uses the Runner.Pause() method, but this isn't supported by TestExecute.  Also, I would like to be able to pause it on an error without debug mode being enabled.  Thanks!

4 Replies

• Hi Patrick,

Pausing test execution is actually stopping at a breakpoint. Since it is impossible to debug tests in TestExecute, it cannot be paused.

Could you please explain what you need this for?
    pschutz
    Occasional Contributor
    If an error occurs during the test, such as an error message popping up or something like that, I would like a way for my testers to be able to go investigate what occurred and then resume the test.

I was thinking that I could put a loop in a listener for an error post that would run until a key combination was pressed, but I couldn't find a method to do this.

Thanks!

• Hi Patrick,

You can create a user form with a single button that closes this form. Show this form as a modal form when you want to pause the test execution. Please find more information in the User Forms help topic.
    pschutz
    Occasional Contributor
    That's really cool! I didn't even know User Forms existed.  Thanks!