cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnLogError Sender Returning Null Value, Updated to X64 for TestComplete and Office 2016

SOLVED
Don
Contributor

Re: OnLogError Sender Returning Null Value, Updated to X64 for TestComplete and Office 2016

That seems to be the case as I just used the 32 bit version and it's still giving me the same issue. I'll wait for Support to get in touch with me.

Thanks for all your help. I'll leave the post open in case someone with a similar issue can comment.

Don
Contributor

Re: OnLogError Sender Returning Null Value, Updated to X64 for TestComplete and Office 2016

Ok so I kind of figures out what's going on. 

I think the issue may have to do with Office 2016 or that the OnLogError is not triggering. 

I am not getting any help from smartbear support as they are not replying to my emails at all(So much for my paid subscription), so it looks like i'm going to have to figure this thing out myself. 

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread I will continue to update it as I go.

Marsha_R
Community Hero

Did you use the link

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/

to contact Support?  This is the way to go rather than a direct email.

Don
Contributor

Yes I used the link to contact them. I even contacted my representative but he is also not contacting me as well. I may have to request a supervisor because this has happened in the past where my support request went unanswered

TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager

Hello Don,

I've found your support case where you are working with Yuri and Thomas to find the answer to your question. The answer seems to require some investigation. I've asked the team to reply to you as soon as they can.

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Don
Contributor

Ok So I may have found the solution.

First I uninstalled the latest version of testcomplete and did a complete uninstall of office 2016. I then installed office 16, followed by Access Database 2010 followed by an older version of testcomplete. I then upgraded to the latest version.

I also removed the excel code within the onLogError code. This excel code was there so it can write to the excel sheet the problem that occurred during the run. By removing it I won't be able to see why the run failed but I will still see that it failed. I will have to find a new solution for this but this is better than not having my tests work at all when doing a regression run.

One last note. I installed only 32 bit version of office and access database. I am also using the 32bit version of TestComplete instead of the 64 bit. 

Thanks to everyone who replied to this post. I will continue to update if needed with any new findings.

I hope this helps anyone running into a similar issue.

View solution in original post

TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager

Hi Don,

Thanks for posting the solution here! I'm sure it will help many other community members.

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors