Forum Discussion

Don
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

OnLogError Sender Returning Null Value, Updated to X64 for TestComplete and Office 2016

Hello Community,   I recently upgraded to the new TestComplete 12.42 which has x64 bit support. Because TC automatically installs x64 support, I installed Office 2016 with AccessDatabase 2016 both ...
    7 years ago

Ok So I may have found the solution.

First I uninstalled the latest version of testcomplete and did a complete uninstall of office 2016. I then installed office 16, followed by Access Database 2010 followed by an older version of testcomplete. I then upgraded to the latest version.

I also removed the excel code within the onLogError code. This excel code was there so it can write to the excel sheet the problem that occurred during the run. By removing it I won't be able to see why the run failed but I will still see that it failed. I will have to find a new solution for this but this is better than not having my tests work at all when doing a regression run.

One last note. I installed only 32 bit version of office and access database. I am also using the 32bit version of TestComplete instead of the 64 bit. 

Thanks to everyone who replied to this post. I will continue to update if needed with any new findings.

I hope this helps anyone running into a similar issue.