Forum Discussion

sd
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Object recognition from the list

Hello,

I am trying to make test complete recognize object in the application. In the top of the application, we have name products and if user hover a mouse, another list of products display from where user can select the product. During run time, test complete cannot recognize the object and fails to hover the mouse on specific object in my application. Any idea which method I should be using to make test complete recognize the object and hover the mouse on it?

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

sd
    Occasional Contributor

How I can make test complete recognize hanging objects? Any advise please?

Thanks.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Any UI object inherits a method called "HoverMouse" so you can hover over the item and then interact with the other panels.

sd
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert thanks for the quick reply. My problem is the whole top panel is showing in test complete as one object. Test complete is not recognizing different bars on the top panel. See attached. How I can make it recognize one bar from the panel?

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

Use ObjectSpy on that toolbar and look for an Index or something similar that will let you access each of those sections.  They may not be objects on their own.  

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

What Marsha_R said.  If this is a menu object or ribbon bar object, most likely the ability to click on items or components is driven by other child properties and/or methods.