Forum Discussion

RR3
New Contributor
7 years ago

Object Required error upon executing Functional Web Service method.

Hi All,

This is in regard with the Functional Web Services Testing. I have added the SOAP WSDL file. While trying to access the method of the service, the error Pops up "Object Required". 

var a = WebServices.WebService.MethodName()

var b = a.Property.PropertyVar

With the second line the error pops as Object Required when executed.

Please help

2 Replies

RR3
    New Contributor

Hi All,

I am trying to do Functional Web Services testing. I have added the SOAP WSDL file and trying to access the Web Service and its methods. Upon execution I am getting "Object Required". This error is appeared when it hits the method of the service.

Please suggest. 

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

RR3 wrote:

Hi All,

This is in regard with the Functional Web Services Testing. I have added the SOAP WSDL file. While trying to access the method of the service, the error Pops up "Object Required". 

var a = WebServices.WebService.MethodName()

var b = a.Property.PropertyVar

With the second line the error pops as Object Required when executed.

Please help

It would be helpful to see more details of the WebService that you're testing... what methods, etc, and what you're trying to achieve.  What you've given us above seems to be rather "generic" code so it's a bit hard to debug.

basically...  you can't get a Property of an object if the object isn't there... so, for some reason, "a" is not resolving to an object which means "MethodName()" (whatever it is) isn't returning anything.