Forum Discussion

Laxmi_1
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Object Mapping

Hi,

I have a 'DevComponents.DotNetBar.TabStrip' control in my application.

I tried recorded this control and noticed that the tabs are identified as pixels in strip and not by their names.

I opened Edit->Properties of project and in Object mapping, i have added this class to Win32 controls.

Then i tried recording again. But still i see that its being recorded as pixels.

Does Object mapping not support mapping this way and treat this control similar to Win32 tab control and record by tab names?

Please reply.

Thanks,

Laxmi

2 Replies

• Hi Laxmi,

TestComplete has no special support for the control. However, we have an appropriate suggestion in our DB, and your request has increased its rating. In the meantime, you can use the script below to select the needed tab:

//JScript

tabStrip = //... obtain the control

tabStrip.SelectedTab = tabStrip.Tabs.Item(<TAB_INDEX>);

• Laxmi,

I have download a sample application from http://www.devcomponents.com/dotnetbar/download.aspx and tried to work with it.

I am able to clearly identify the tab strip. The tab strip has the WndClass as WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.378734a and the ClrFulClassName as DevComponents.DotNetBar.TabStrip  and the ProductName as DevComponents.DotNetBar.

I am not able to create your issue and this control has methods like SelectNextTab and SelectPreviousTab whish should enable all the necessary tab operations.

Thankyou