Forum Discussion

cjayesh
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Object Comparison of a window having a list box on a tabbed control

Hi,

I am using the Object checkpoints and have this particular case.

A window having few edit boxes, a dropdownlist, and a tabbed control.

This tabbed control has a list box.

If I opt for object comparision of the whole window including it child objects, I do not get the list item detailss of the list box on tabbed control.. the only property is List count.

Any ideas as to get the whole list into the object for comparison..... That will save a lot of work.

Thanks in Advance.

Jayesh.

7 Replies

cjayesh
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Alex,

I have tried the Table check point for this particular case, but again a stumbling block. There are 2 List boxes on each of the tabs and the Object finder in TestComplete 6.52 can recognise only the parent window of these list boxes.

For eg. Sys.Process("GUI").Window("#32770", "Information", 1).Window("#32770", "", 4) only that is pointed by the object finder.

And the actual list boxes is a child of the above,

Sys.Process("GUI").Window("#32770", "Information", 1).Window("#32770", "", 4).Window("SysListView32", "", 1)

So I am not able to get these lists into the table checkpoint.

Kind Regards,

Jayesh.
  • Hello Jayesh,

>>> There are 2 List boxes on each of the tabs and the Object finder in TestComplete 6.52 can recognise only the parent window of these list boxes.

I am not sure that I understand the situation. When creating a Table Checkpoint, you can specify the full object name in the "Object" box in the "Select Object"step.

Could you please describe your problem in detail? Do you mean that the SysListView32 object does not exist in the Objects tree of the Object Browser panel?

cjayesh
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Alex,

I can see the object in the Object browser tree. However, when it comes to selection of the object from the Table Checkpoint window, the object finder can point only upto its parent window and not the list.

Also, field to specify the "Object:" is non editable.

Object Finder highlights only Sys.Process("GUI").Window("#32770", "Information", 1).Window("#32770", "", 4)

and it does not highlight Sys.Process("GUI").Window("#32770", "Information", 1).Window("#32770", "", 4).Window("SysListView32", "", 1) or the ("SysListView32", "", 2)

Kind Regards,

Jayesh.

• Hello Jayesh,

The situation looks really strange. I would recommend that you try doing the same in a trial version of TestComplete 7 to check if there is a difference.

If the problem exists in version 7 as well, let me know if we can get a copy of the tested application for investigation. Regarding this matter, please contact us directly:

http://www.automatedqa.com/support/message/
    cjayesh
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Alex,

I have tried it with the version 7.51 and I am able to point to the list using the Object Finder tool.

Does any work around hold good to use it in Version 6?

Thanks

• Hello Jayesh,

As I don't know the cause of the issue at the moment, I can't suggest a solution. Sorry.

I can investigate the problem and see what I can suggest, but I need to have the application you are testing.

If it is possible to get it, send me the relevant information directly:

http://www.automatedqa.com/support/message/