Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to pause or stop TC from QAComplete

SOLVED
Frequent Contributor

Not able to pause or stop TC from QAComplete

Hi Support,

I linked my automated test to QAComplete, and I am able to launch the test from QAComplete, but I am not able to pause or stop the running test from QAComplete, I clicked on "PAUSE RUN" and it looks like the test has been paused because the button switched to "RESUME RUN", but the test was still running on the test machine. Is there anyway I can pause or stop run from QAComplete?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Not able to pause or stop TC from QAComplete

Hi Community,

Let me post a reply from the Support Team here for the future:

@Support wrote:

The behavior you are facing is expected. The Pause Run and Resume Run actions consider Test Run entity in QAC and do not influence auto test flow on the test host. QAComplete does not allow managing TestComplete test execution flow. With QAC, you can start the TC auto-test execution and get results after the test execution is finished, but you cannot interact with TC or TE on the test host to pause and resume the test execution. Pausing/resuming the test execution can be performed manually on the target host (via TC/TE UI), these actions cannot be automated.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Hero

See if this helps:

https://support.smartbear.com/qacomplete/docs/user/test-management/run/manual.html

End or pause the test run

To pause the run, click Pause Run. The last run status of this test will be In Progress. To pause the run, save the test run state and leave the Test Runner, click Save & Close:

Frequent Contributor

Thanks @Marsha_R but it was talking about manual test, I see there is a topic Run automated tests, but it only talks how to run an automated test, doesn't mentioned how to pause an automated test.

Highlighted
Community Hero

Perhaps it's not available.  I suggest you contact Support directly with your question.  Here's the link:

https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete

Frequent Contributor

OK, Thanks @Marsha_R 

Community Hero

Hi,

QAComplete is Test Management but not Test Execution tool, thus it cannot control test code that is executed by some external system.

Pause/Stop/Resume test in terms of test management means 'logical' operation to a) let management know the status of the given test/test run execution state; and b) measure time metrics (like the time spent to execute the test) in a more correct way.

Regards,
Alex
[Community Expert Group]
____
[Community Expert Group] members are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Postings made by [Community Expert Group] members
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
[Community Expert Group] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
http://smartbear.com/forums/f83/t86934/community-experts/
================================
Community Manager

Hi Community,

Let me post a reply from the Support Team here for the future:

@Support wrote:

The behavior you are facing is expected. The Pause Run and Resume Run actions consider Test Run entity in QAC and do not influence auto test flow on the test host. QAComplete does not allow managing TestComplete test execution flow. With QAC, you can start the TC auto-test execution and get results after the test execution is finished, but you cannot interact with TC or TE on the test host to pause and resume the test execution. Pausing/resuming the test execution can be performed manually on the target host (via TC/TE UI), these actions cannot be automated.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the new Interview