Forum Discussion

GregPoll
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

New Client - Suddenly testcomplete can not navigate to URLS - not recgonizing page IE11 -

Hello,

Using Keyword tes ting - version 12 - URL is valid in object browser but now testcomplete can not navigate to it.

So - it cannot find objec ton the page.

See below - the Aliases.​browser.​pageArcReconciliationMatchedChar3 is correctly mapped to a legit url? I put it in the browser and comes right up.

Unable to find the following object when executing the ClickItem command:

Aliases.​browser.​pageArcReconciliationMatchedChar3.​formForm1.​tableTblpageformatter.​cell.​table.​cell.​table.​selectFilterbylist

Reason

The parent object was not found:

Aliases.​browser.​pageArcReconciliationMatchedChar3

GregPoll
    6 years ago

Thanks again for the assistance. Actually I resolved it by using a run - browser - IE - URL to get it to work. Now when it calls that page with the URL it works? I am confused - what is the difference between navigate and run browser. It works with navigate later in the script to a different URL but when I had the naviage to URL with this particualr URL it did not work?

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Is there a long delay in resolving the page? While the URL may work, the page object may not be available with that URL immediately after calling the "Run" method on the browser.  

Can you share a screenshot of your code leading up to the error so we can see what else is going on?

GregPoll
      New Contributor

Thanks for responding. Yes, there is a long delay. It is a working URL and I keep going around with circles with  this. I point to it as asked (see attached)  - can highlight it  and looks okay. However, when I run the script it keeps saying selectfilterobject (which is on that page) not found because parent object not found. I go back again to object browser and repeat  etc - still not working when running script. I have to log out each time and back in when I navigate to diifferent URLS now.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

The problem is not the URL... it's timing.

As requested before, could you post a screenshot of the code you're executing or the keyword test steps?  Basically, when loading a page, there needs to be a "Wait" method to make sure that the page loads before you attempt to perform tasks against that page.