Forum Discussion

suvidhshetty_1
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

Need to get the Child object using Fields.

Hi,

I am working with JAVA swt object. I need the match properties of a Field 'm_paintListener.bedState.best.m_sLocation' and then retrive the object.

Is there any method that we can use to get the object by passing in the Fields as parameter.

Thnaks

Suvidh

3 Replies

suvidhshetty_1
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

I require certain display text which is value of a application field which is listed under the fields in spy window. I wanted to use these appilcation fields with findChlid() method to fetch the object matching with the display text.

However if I provide property name to the findChlid() method i am able to fetch the object.

Please do provide some insight to get the object using Application Fields data.

Thanks

Suvidh
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Suvidh,

Are you sure that there is no the corresponding property to get the value you need?

Check whether the Tools | Options | Engines | General | Show hidden members option is enabled - its activation will show you more properties in the Object Browser.

suvidhshetty_1
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

Thanks for replying. I tried your suggestion the properties I need is not listing in the "Property Section" it is under "Fields".

Is there any method I can retrive the GUIObject by passing the Fields value.

thanks

suvidh