cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Namemapping creating new browser specific root node, why??

SOLVED
Contributor

Namemapping creating new browser specific root node, why??

Hi all, 

I'm recording some keyword tests and have an issues that has occurred. Up to this point, namemapping was placing all mapped items under a "browser" root node. But for my most recent test Testcomplete has created a new, browser specific node labelled "chrome".

This means all objects are now being detected as new and mapped under the "chrome" root, even though some have been previously mapped under the "browser" root node. Does anyone know why this new root node has been created??

My tested website address link is unchanged and current situation means a lot of extra namemapping work, moving items from one tree node to the other  for newly mapped items or pointing tests to the previously mapped item for ones that have already been mapped under the "browser" node

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor

Re: Namemapping creating new browser specific root node, why??

This issue was occurring for me after a testcomplete crash for which I logged a separate case. Support team have come back saying that the crash issue will be resolved in the next release of TestComplete 14.72. So that may also resolve this Namemapping issue. I will update after the release is available.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Hero

Hi,

Namemapping_OriginalRootNode_TestedSite.png attachment illustrates mapping for the Page but not for the Browser. So it is difficult to say anything...

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
================================
Contributor

Hi Alex, 

new screenshot added showing namemappings for the browser and chrome nodes

Community Hero

Hi,

Weird... Unless you have something set as a required child for initial Browser mapped item (Required Children pane next to the Properties one where mapping settings are specified) I would create Support ticket via the https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete form.

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
================================
Contributor

Hi Alex, thanks for the reply.

I've no required children set for the initial browser mapped item. This has happened to me once before and then I just moved any mapped objects from the new browser node to the original one.

I'll log a ticket and see what they come up with.

Thanks for your help.

Community Manager

Thanks for the help, AlexKaras!

@ThomasCasserly, I see that you are working with the Support team on this behaviour (case #00459238). Please let us know the solution.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Contributor

This issue was occurring for me after a testcomplete crash for which I logged a separate case. Support team have come back saying that the crash issue will be resolved in the next release of TestComplete 14.72. So that may also resolve this Namemapping issue. I will update after the release is available.

View solution in original post

Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @ThomasCasserly.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors