Forum Discussion

nisgupta
Valued Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Name Mapping do not find any unique properties

I  am working on the application for which the Name mapping everytime the nw version of the product is installed .

have attached the pdf file to check for details.

Please advise what will be the stable name Mapping for the object 

Thanks

Nishchal

• no, alias can stay untouched this way the link get updated internally, but it doesnt break your tests where you use the alias.

Sometimes testcomplete asks if you want to change the alias also - if so - it will make the changes in keyword tests also (but only in keyword on screen action object) ... so if you use multiple if .. then with different queries .contentText and so on I wouldnt recommend it, because those if .. then Alias doesn't get changed automatically yet.

If you like the answer, please consider giving Kudos, thanks

5 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

The property that in your screenshot is "frame23" you could, potentially, edit that property to be "frame*".  That wildcarding, in conjunction with the hierarchal organization of the objects, should be sufficient to find the object.  

Lagencie
      Frequent Contributor

You might just skip the mapping of the structure and just make the namemapping for frame23 to find the items below.

After you have mapped the items below you can drag the Panel pnlN.... one layer higher, so it directly hangs at the frameBannerhs and check the field: Extended Find (you can add this if you rightclick the tabs in namemapping - for example rightclick on Name and then choose Field Chooser where extended find can be dragged in) , this way it looks for the Panel and as the objectstr is fixed it will find the item below this hierarchy.

So in the end you will have the mapping ...framebannerhs.panelPnlrb.... and no mapping of the frame23 as it is subject to change anyways.

nisgupta
        Valued Contributor

Lagencie 

Thank you , this is similar to what I am trying to do . 

I have a question 

When we drag the the object one layer higher do we need to do in both Under Mapped Objects window and in Aliases Window ?

Thanks

Nishchal