Forum Discussion

Steve_Wiersma
New Contributor
12 years ago
Solved

Name Mapping File Doubling in size when we update it

We have been working in Test Complete for about 6 months now and recently it started to get really slow and out tests no longer run. After some research we found that our name mapping file has been doubling or tripling in size even though we only made minor changes to it.

I have attached our name maping file. Any ideas on either how to fix this or how to prevent this from happening again.
  • Hi Steve,

Check that the 'Store Code Completion information' combo-box has 'None' value selected for the Name Mapping node on the project Parameters tab (select test project, right click it and select Edit|Properties from the context menu).

4 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Steve,

Check that the 'Store Code Completion information' combo-box has 'None' value selected for the Name Mapping node on the project Parameters tab (select test project, right click it and select Edit|Properties from the context menu).
  • Thanks for the Info. After we did that the Name Mapping file shrunk by about 80% and the tests are runner much faster.
  • I am experiencing the same problem. I already set the "Store Code Completition" to None and it reduced the size of the name mapping file, but after some minor changes it had already doubled its size again,...

I am posting name mapping file. 

Can someone help me out?

Thanks
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

There was a similar issue in TestComplete 9.0. What TestComplete version are you using? Try the latest one, v.9.30, this issue has been fixed in it.