Forum Discussion

pradeep_kamatha
Contributor
12 years ago
Solved

My TestComplete is very slow while writing script and when it require to press space button from Keyboard, it is going to be hanged

I am not sure suddently my tool behaves like very slow while enter the space between scripts, it going be hanged for couple of seconds. If any one could face the similar kind of problem and got the solution.. please let me know..
  • Hi Pradeep,

Try disabling code completion auto pop-up. You can find it here:

Tools -> Options -> Panels -> Code Editor -> Editing -> Code completion -> Auto Pop-Up

To deploy it manually, just press control + space bar

Let us know if it worked!

9 Replies

• Hi Pradeep,

Try disabling code completion auto pop-up. You can find it here:

Tools -> Options -> Panels -> Code Editor -> Editing -> Code completion -> Auto Pop-Up

To deploy it manually, just press control + space bar

Let us know if it worked!
  • Abhijit: RAM size and RAM free during run is pretty OK.

We have resolved our issue - temporarily.

The issue is more on slowness when you have a bunch of items (KeywordTests, FIles, Objects and Scripts) in a TestComplete project, but if you just have a blank TestComplete project (even on the same Project Suite) then using the Script Editor on that is not slow.

For reference to other people experiencing the same issue: Contact SmartBear support directly - as they are aware of this issue and perhaps can give you patch/more information on resolving this.

Thanks,
  • Hi Javior Coll,

Thanks for your respone. I did the same which you suggested, it doesn't make any difference .. when I click on Ctrl +Space then data populated and selected one of them. again my Testcomplete Editor got hanged and curson got disappear after couple of seconds cursor got appeared ..

There might be a option to fix this issue..
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Pradeep,

In addition to Javier's reply, if you are using TestComplete 9.20 (Help | About) and your project is bound to an SCC - contact our Support team. There is a known issue with slow script editing in this product version.

• We are experiencing this issue as well. We are using TestComplete 9.20 and source repository TFS with VS TFS 2012

Im' trying to contact Support by posting a support inquiry on their website but once i do that, i don't receive any automated email response.

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Ivan,

Only the Support Team can distribute patches. Did you follow both steps when submitting the request to them?

Another way is to contact your Account Rep and ask him/her to resent your request to Support.

abhijit_jain
    Occasional Contributor
    What is the your machine RAM, not sure but try to increase your RAM. Also you can check your RAM utilization  in windows Task Manager.

Regards,

Abhijit
  • I love when I find an answer to my problem before I can even ask it myself in a new thread.

Thanks to everyone!!!