Forum Discussion

slaugier
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

My CheckProperty with cmpEqual always return an error when it checks 2 identical texts

Hi

My aqObject.CheckProperty always fails. However, the text is strictly the same.

I tried with cmpEqual : 

aqObject.CheckProperty(Aliases.browser.page1000508080FinvestQa31Startse.panelLeftcontainer.panelRiskClassGauge.panelGauge.panelContainer.panelHighcharts0, "contentText", cmpEqual, "Created with Highcharts 4.1.4↴IR7↴Classe de↴risque 2↴Classe de risque 2↴Classe de↴risque 3↴Classe de risque 3↴Classe de↴risque 4↴Classe de risque 4");

and with cmpMatches :

aqObject.CheckProperty(Aliases.browser.page1000508080FinvestQa31Startse.panelLeftcontainer.panelRiskClassGauge.panelGauge.panelContainer.panelHighcharts0, "contentText", cmpMatches, "Created with Highcharts 4.1.4↴IR7↴Classe de↴risque 2↴Classe de risque 2↴Classe de↴risque 3↴Classe de risque 3↴Classe de↴risque 4↴Classe de risque 4");

I tried to add 

aqEnvironment.LanguageForNonUnicodePrograms = "French";

at the beginning of my function, but it doesn't help.

Do you have any idea?

Sylvain

• Note that the characters you have in your code that show up as 

are how TestComplete represents those non-printing characters.  They may be more accurately represented by a /n or something like that.  As cunderw suggests, that may be where the problem is. 

5 Replies

cunderw
    Community Hero

Being a web page, my guess is that there is a zero width character in the on screen text (often used for formatting). Can you try comparing the two strings with a better diff tool? https://text-compare.com might help. 

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Note that the characters you have in your code that show up as 

are how TestComplete represents those non-printing characters.  They may be more accurately represented by a /n or something like that.  As cunderw suggests, that may be where the problem is. 

cunderw
      Community Hero

Can you copy the text directly from your website, and your expected text into a text file and upload them? 

slaugier
    Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your messages.

The solution was to replace special characters with \n.

Best,