Forum Discussion

MarkSchofer
Frequent Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Migration

I am so full of questions I have a big long script(I have many) and I copy it from one project directory to another project directory. (Script Directory) Do I lose all all the object mappings whe...
    3 years ago

Well, no, they are not lost, but there is always the chance that something is mapped differently or not mapped at all in the destination project.

You can try running the moved tests in their new home and see if you get a small number of Object Not Found messages and just fix them or a large number and then you need something else.

The thing to do then is merge the name mapping files.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/object-identification/name-mapping/how-to/merge.html

I highly suggest backing up both the source and destination name mapping files in some separate directory, just to account for human failure (been there done that never want to recreate a name mapping file from scratch again!!).

Create an empty project, copy the two name mapping files into the directory there, add one as the name mapping for that empty project, then follow the merge instructions.  Take that merged name mapping and use it for the destination project.  It should be what you need.