Forum Discussion

whuang
Regular Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Mapped name missing for the same object in different test environments

Hi support,

We have several different test environments, all contents are the same for all environments but just hosted on different servers. I name mapped an object in one environment, and tested it was working fine, but when I tested in a different environment, and try to call the same object again, it turns out the object has no mapped name. Why is that? When I name mapped the original object, I didn't select any property that could lead the mapped object to a specific environment, like the FullName, baseURI, or other properties, I only selected ObjectType and idStr to define the object, which is the same in all environments for the same object. So why TC couldn't recognize it anymore in a different environment?

Thanks!

• Keep in mind, NameMapping is a combination of the properties on the object itself AND the hierarchy.  So, while the object itself may be mapped just fine, something further down in the tree might not be... like, since you said it's a different environment and a different server, probably the URL on the initial page object itself.

3 Replies