Forum Discussion

HarishN123
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Keyword Test: Data is not stored in variable after defining 'Set variable value' and 'log'

Hi Team,

Could you please provide solution for below query?

I need to extract text (Service Order Number) from a web page control and store it in a variable. So that I call same variable in another test. I have defined 'Set variable Value' for storing value in the first test and working fine. I can see value in log message as well. But value is not storing in variable. Below are screenshots.

• If you are displaying the variable in the log and the value is there, then it is being stored.  I agree with VeenaDevi that maybe you are not looking in the right test.  Try adding some text to your log messages that will help distinguish one from the other.

2 Replies

• whether you are recalling the variable in same test or different test , based on that create persistent variable , that too in Project level.

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

If you are displaying the variable in the log and the value is there, then it is being stored.  I agree with VeenaDevi that maybe you are not looking in the right test.  Try adding some text to your log messages that will help distinguish one from the other.