Forum Discussion

RichBopp
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

KeyWord Testing: How to create a CheckPoint for a Hover Image?

Using KeyWord:  I am testing our website's Cart page.  I need to verify that when the mouse hovers over an Item's Number or the Item's Description, that a hover image of the product appears.

One of my teammates believes there is a way involving the Object Property checkpoint using the OuterHTML, but she is not certain and not able to find the source document/video she believes she heard this on.

Any suggestions?   

• It's verifying that the contents of the outerHTML property are equal to the string you gave it in the Value field.  It's not an image comparison.

5 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Did you try it?  You should be able to walk through the Property Checkpoint wizard and pick out what you want.   Let us know what happens.

RichBopp
      Contributor

I did try it, and it certainly looks like it is working. The checkpoint even refers to the hover image url - see attached file.

My only question - Is it really doing what it looks like it is doing?  Which is verifying that the hover image appears, or is it just varifying that there is a link to a hover image associated to the item number the mouse is hovering over?

Like I said before, I can't find any documentation to confirm.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Show us the contents of your checkpoint and we can tell you what it's verifying.