cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KeyWord Testing: How to create a CheckPoint for a Hover Image?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

KeyWord Testing: How to create a CheckPoint for a Hover Image?

Using KeyWord:  I am testing our website's Cart page.  I need to verify that when the mouse hovers over an Item's Number or the Item's Description, that a hover image of the product appears.

One of my teammates believes there is a way involving the Object Property checkpoint using the OuterHTML, but she is not certain and not able to find the source document/video she believes she heard this on.

Any suggestions?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: KeyWord Testing: How to create a CheckPoint for a Hover Image?

It's verifying that the contents of the outerHTML property are equal to the string you gave it in the Value field.  It's not an image comparison.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Hero

Did you try it?  You should be able to walk through the Property Checkpoint wizard and pick out what you want.   Let us know what happens.

Highlighted
Contributor

I did try it, and it certainly looks like it is working. The checkpoint even refers to the hover image url - see attached file.

My only question - Is it really doing what it looks like it is doing?  Which is verifying that the hover image appears, or is it just varifying that there is a link to a hover image associated to the item number the mouse is hovering over?

Like I said before, I can't find any documentation to confirm.

Highlighted
Community Hero

Show us the contents of your checkpoint and we can tell you what it's verifying.

Highlighted
Contributor

Cool - See attached pptx (HoverImageURL_CheckPoint.pptx)

Highlighted
Community Hero

It's verifying that the contents of the outerHTML property are equal to the string you gave it in the Value field.  It's not an image comparison.

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors