Forum Discussion

RichBopp
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

KeyWord Test - Name Mapping is not differentiating some objects.

KeyWord Test:  I am attempting to create some checkpoints on some error messages.  However, Name Mapping is NOT differentiating all of the objects on the screen.  If you will look at the screen shots attached - The object for "6-20 char password must contain at least one letter and one number" is being name the same as the error messages for 'Zip Code is required" and "Email address is required".   Never seen this occur on any other screen.  

What is even more confusing is that the object for the 'Password is required' error message is uniquely named.

When I tried to 'Map Object From Screen' - I was told the object had already been mapped. 

So - Question - Is there a 'level of recording' I should try, or a means of manually creating the other objects I'm not aware of? 

• I would check the name mapping and see if there's more than one branch that has these objects in them.  TC may be trying to validate against different places in the mapping and it gets confused easily.

If you find two (or more) branches, move everything you need into one branch and delete the other one.

If you don't find extra ones, then make a backup copy of your name mapping and then try deleting just the branch that has these objects and carefully mapping them again one at a time.

2 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

I would check the name mapping and see if there's more than one branch that has these objects in them.  TC may be trying to validate against different places in the mapping and it gets confused easily.

If you find two (or more) branches, move everything you need into one branch and delete the other one.

If you don't find extra ones, then make a backup copy of your name mapping and then try deleting just the branch that has these objects and carefully mapping them again one at a time.

• Thank you, Marsha.  Removing the name mapped object, and then adding again - worked like a charm.