Forum Discussion

nisgupta
Valued Contributor
7 years ago

Jenkins

I am trying to run the TestComplete project suite through jenkins but on jenkins it display the message All the prooduct instances allowed by your license key are already in use (running)

TestComplete version Number = 12.30.165

Jenkins ver = 2.7.2

Any idea what is causing this ? how can we fix this 

23 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

You have a set number of licenses.  When you're running TestComplete, it consumes one license.  When Jenkins launches the tests, that also consumes a license.  If you shut down an instance of TestComplete, that frees a license.

So... what that message is saying is that, when the test is launching via Jenkins, there are no licenses currently available.  You'll need to have someone shut down their instance of TestComplete in order for the Jenkins task to execute.

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

You might consider letting Jenkins run TestExecute instead of TestComplete.  That's a better use of your licenses.

nisgupta
      Valued Contributor

Thank you very much for the updates . Actually right now I have set up everything local to my machine. Jenkins is also installed on my machine so whatever the communication is going on between Jenkins and TestComplete is local to my machine .

Here is one question

- Whenever we run the testcomplete project suite through Jenkins, do we need to close the TestComplete window ?

- Now I am not getting the same license error but another error . Attached the screenshot.

Not sure why this message "you are using a limited time license for Desktop testing feature and it has expired"

nisgupta
    Valued Contributor

I am trying to use the jenkins to run the TestComplete Builds. I have Checked the TestComplete Code in Stash-Git. Now I am trying to run the code in one slave machine which has TestExecute . I am getting the error  as attached .

Please update 

Thanks

Nishchal

nisgupta
    Valued Contributor

Has any one using Jenkins to run the TestComplete project suites ?

Thanks

Nishchal

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

I used the Search function and looked in the forum there's about one question a month (besides yours!) about Jenkins, so I would say yes.

cunderw can you help here?

nisgupta
        Valued Contributor

Let me know if I need to explain more about the issue . 

Thanks

Nishchal