Forum Discussion

gregory_hargrov
New Contributor
10 years ago

Issues with Envoke Browser using Chrome

Has anybody had issues with the browser envoking during an automated test when using Chrome?  On several scripts, the Chrome browser never loads / displays.  This seems to occur with multiple Chrome proccesses are running.  Keep in mind, these are not individual Chrome windows open, rather multiple proccesses caused by Chrome extensions.

Thoughts on this?  Is there a work around (other than killing all Chrome processess prior to script run) or is this a product defect that needs to be addressed?

Thanks in advance!!

4 Replies

• Suspect the extensions may be the problem?

About 95% of my testing at the moment is done using chrome. With as many as 5 browser instances open at the same time. And it opens and closes browsers frequently during runs.

Never had a problem with it failing to start ....

I use a shell script object to start the executable with command line parameters. Don't have any extensions added to Chrome.
    Ryan_Moran
    Valued Contributor
    I have seen this before, and I do believe it is related to multiple processes running.

It's good practice to make sure all other instances of the browser are closed prior to starting your scripts so I would do that regardless. Use both of the following methods:

Sys.Browser("chrome").Close();

Sys.Process("chrome").Terminate();
  • It's a fair point.

I do have a function that will kill any existing instances of Chrome or IE (the two browsers I use - mostly Chrome at the moment).

Entirely up to the user preparing the test pack if they use it. But if I'm doing the test pack, I always throw it in at the start.
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi,

I'm not sure if this is relevant or not, but I used to disable the 'Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed' Chrome setting (chrome://settings/ page, Advanced section) and did not have any problem with Chrome either.