Forum Discussion

maumrm
Contributor
3 years ago

Invalid number of parameters Keyword Test Failure

My keyword test is failing with an Exception, the details state "Invalid number of parameters". The step it is failing at is selecting a save button for an online application. The button can be highlighted by TestComplete so it isn't that the object is not being seen. Any ideas?

7 Replies

• Hi maumrm -

Could you tell me what the operation is for that step in your test please? That type of error sounds like maybe the method that is being used for the step isn’t the correct method.

Also if you could paste the exact information from the details tab in the log report that would be helpful.

Cheers,
    Emma
      maumrm
      Contributor

Hi Emma,

The operation is "ClickButton", on the item "buttonSave". The exact information from the details tab of the Keyword Test Log is "Invalid number of parameters". That is it, not much for details. I attached screenshots. 

Thank you,

Mike

maumrm
        Contributor

I tried using the full mapped name, instead of the alias, and the test worked. I checked the full name of the object using the Object Spy tool and what is mapped to the Objects FullName already in Name Mapping; they are both the same. 

So why would the full mapped name work, but the alias that is associated with the same full mapped name?