Forum Discussion

sinduja_venkata
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Integrating TestComplete Scripts [JScripts] with Bamboo Continuous Integration

Hi,

I have written my scripts in TestComplete v 10.5 - JScript. 

I would need to integrate these scripts into the Bamboo Continuous Build Deployment System. The Bamboo deployment runs on UNIX machine. The testcomplete scripts are in my windows machine.

Can you please let me know  as how can we call the Testcomplete scripts [JScript] in windows machine using Bamboo Deployment hosted on UNIX machine?

Any help on this asap would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Typically you would have an agent of some kind running on your Windows box to commmunicate with the CI server, in Jenkins it is the JNLP agent, with QA Complete it is the 'Test Agent', you would need to use the equivalent in Bamboo.

A Google search shows me that Bamboo has a remote agent, this is likely what you would run on your windows box to get it communicating with the Bamboo server.

Once you have an agent running on your Windows box and it is communicating with the Bamboo server you should write a Windows batch script to call your Test Complete tests from the command line and execute them either using Test Execute or Test Complete on your testing machine. You'll need to look at the Test Complete or Test Execute documentation for help on building your command line argument.

Here's an example of how I call Test Execute from the command line from Jenkins to execute one of our projects on a Windows box:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 10\Bin\TestExecute.exe" "C:\DevelW\Tests.pjs"  /DoNotShowLog /SilentMode /r /e /p:"Regression Tests"

http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/54705/

You might want to test running Bamboo both as a service and the Windows agent. One of them may not launch GUI tests on your Windows box.

3 Replies

chrisb
    Regular Contributor

Typically you would have an agent of some kind running on your Windows box to commmunicate with the CI server, in Jenkins it is the JNLP agent, with QA Complete it is the 'Test Agent', you would need to use the equivalent in Bamboo.

A Google search shows me that Bamboo has a remote agent, this is likely what you would run on your windows box to get it communicating with the Bamboo server.

Once you have an agent running on your Windows box and it is communicating with the Bamboo server you should write a Windows batch script to call your Test Complete tests from the command line and execute them either using Test Execute or Test Complete on your testing machine. You'll need to look at the Test Complete or Test Execute documentation for help on building your command line argument.

Here's an example of how I call Test Execute from the command line from Jenkins to execute one of our projects on a Windows box:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 10\Bin\TestExecute.exe" "C:\DevelW\Tests.pjs"  /DoNotShowLog /SilentMode /r /e /p:"Regression Tests"

http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/54705/

You might want to test running Bamboo both as a service and the Windows agent. One of them may not launch GUI tests on your Windows box.