Forum Discussion

ArunKarunakaran
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago

[Integrate with Jenkins] 'can not find log file' error and failed the build

Hi team,

I am using TestComplete 14.9 and i am getting the following error while it try to access it from jekins,

[TestComplete] Found TestComplete/TestExecute installations:
	Type: TC, Version: 14.91.341.7, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 14\x64\bin\TestComplete.exe"
	Type: TE, Version: 14.30.3743.11, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\x64\bin\TestExecute.exe"
[TestComplete] Selected TestComplete/TestExecute installation:
	Type: TC, Version: 14.91.341.7, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 14\x64\bin\TestComplete.exe"
[TestComplete] [WARNING] The custom screen resolution will be ignored if the active session is used.
[TestComplete] Launching the test runner.
$ '"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 14\bin\TestCompleteService14.exe"' //LogonAndExecute //lDomain: "tcor11-win10" //lName: "ingres" //lPassword: ******** //lTimeout: "-1" //lUseActiveSession: "true" //lCommandLine: '""C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 14\x64\bin\TestComplete.exe" C:\Jenkins\TC14_testing_workspace\TC14_Project\OR_testcase_db.pjs /run /SilentMode /ForceConversion /ns /exit /ExportLog:C:\Jenkins\TC14_testing_workspace\1628182809779.tclogx /ExportLog:C:\Jenkins\TC14_testing_workspace\1628182809779.htmlx /ErrorLog:C:\Jenkins\TC14_testing_workspace\1628182809779.txt /ExportLog:C:\Jenkins\TC14_testing_workspace\1628182809779.mht /JenkinsTCPluginVersion:2.4"' //lSessionScreenWidth: "3840" //lSessionScreenHeight: "2160"
[TestComplete] Test runner exit code: -10 (Unable to create a user session).
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Unable to find the log file "1628182809779.tclogx".
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Unable to find the log file "1628182809779.htmlx".
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Unable to find the log file "1628182809779.mht".
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Errors occurred during the test execution.
[TestComplete] Marking the build as UNSTABLE.

I need a proper resolution for this please don't redirect me to old articles and I did upgrade to latest version of TestComplete 14 and
still i am not able to fix this issue . Please help me in understanding where this log file resides and i am not able to find it.
The working directory is project directory and it is not C:\temp please help me in understanding what exactly is causing this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Arun K

5 Replies

• Hi,

How are you interacting from Jenkins to TestComplete? Is it via the Jenkins TestComplete Plugin, or via a batch file command? Or through a groovy pipeline? 

mattb
        Staff

The error says could not make a user session. Is that enabled in the advanced section of the Jenkins TestComplete Plugin?

Run interactive user session - Specifies whether your TestComplete test will run in an interactive session.

This option is effective only if you use TestComplete or TestExecute 10.60 or later.

If this option is disabled and Jenkins is running as a service, your TestComplete tests will fail

Attached screenshot should show the advanced settings my local jenkins uses.