Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate TestComplete with Zephyr in Jira

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Integrate TestComplete with Zephyr in Jira

I need to integrate that when a test finish in TestCOmplete, it put the final result in the TestCase in Zephyr. What I need to to for this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Expert

RE: Integrate TestComplete with Zephyr in Jira

Hi Ivette, we are also using Zephyr with JIRA for all our Test Case and execution management.

To facilitate the automation of entering test results etc, I am currently developing some Script Extensions that use the ZAPI REST APIs that will allow us to:

1. Create Tests for automated Test from Test Complete without having to use the Zephyr GUI

2. Automatically create Test Cycles, Test Executions and enter Test Results for an automated test run

As far as I am aware, Test Complete does not offer any "out of the box" solution for Zephry integration.

Regards,

Phil Baird

7 REPLIES 7
Community Expert

RE: Integrate TestComplete with Zephyr in Jira

Hi Ivette, we are also using Zephyr with JIRA for all our Test Case and execution management.

To facilitate the automation of entering test results etc, I am currently developing some Script Extensions that use the ZAPI REST APIs that will allow us to:

1. Create Tests for automated Test from Test Complete without having to use the Zephyr GUI

2. Automatically create Test Cycles, Test Executions and enter Test Results for an automated test run

As far as I am aware, Test Complete does not offer any "out of the box" solution for Zephry integration.

Regards,

Phil Baird

JPP
Occasional Contributor

Re: RE: Integrate TestComplete with Zephyr in Jira

Hi Philip,

We are experiencing the same needs (insert into Zephyr -or any other JIRA Test Management plugin- both test cases and run results from TestComplete).

Did you suceed in own integration? 

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

JPP

Occasional Contributor

Hi @Philip_Baird ,

I am trying to execute the test cases created in Zephyr as per Pass/Failed script logs in TestComplete 12. I am using Python as my scripting language.

Q1. Can we do it directly from Test Complete or do we need to use Ready API to use ZAPI.

Q2. Please share the steps or documentation to do the same via Script and not Keyword test.

Regards
Monny Walia

Occasional Contributor

Hi @Philip_Baird ,

I am trying to execute the test cases created in Zephyr as per Pass/Failed script logs in TestComplete 12. I am using Python as my scripting language.

Q1. Can we do it directly from Test Complete or do we need to use Ready API to use ZAPI.

Q2. Please share the steps or documentation to do the same via Script and not Keyword test.

Regards
MWalia

Occasional Contributor

Hi @Philip_Baird ,

Regards
Mwalia

Community Hero

Noy 100% sure on the exact Zephyr API, but we have had no issue using Test Completes built-in aqHttp object to connect to Jira and a different plugin called Test Flo to accomplish the same process. 

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/program-objects/aqhttp/index.html

Should just be a matter of finding the Zephyr API documetnation and building your scripts from that. 

Thanks,
Carson

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped

Hello,

TC 14.1 beta will have the integration with Z4J you need - https://smartbear.com/lp/testcomplete/testcomplete-zephyr-beta

Let me know if it helps.

Prashant

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors