Forum Discussion

siddhu
Contributor
15 years ago

Installing MicrosoftScriptDebugger

Hi

My TestComplete  is very slow. when i am debugging.It is taking 2 to 3 seconds time to go to next line.support team advised me to reinstall "microsoft script debugger" from either of the below links.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2F465BE0-94FD-4569-B3C4-DFFDF19CCD99&displaylang=en

How to instal this script debugger.

Should I uninstall "Microsoft Script Debugger"in the TestComplete before installing "Microsoft Script Debugger" from this link?

Or will it over writes the installation.?

If "Microsoft Script Debugger" is to be uninstalled first from Test Complete.Please tell me  how to install?

8 Replies

• Hi Siddhardha,

Just install the debugger without uninstalling anything. This debugger is installed to the system, not to TestComplete.

Your problems with debugging performance can be caused by a large number of items in the Watch List panel. Please remove all items from this panel and see whether this helps. If this does not help, close the Watch List and Locals panels and check whether this helps.
  • Thank You for your support.i have another problem.

I wrote a routine.TestComplete will read a string from a textbox in my application (My Application is developed in VB 6.0)

What my problem is sometimes it is not reading the string from the text box at the time of execution.Because of this problem i am not able to automate my test.

strQuesTxt = Sys.Process("Algcom").VBObject("frmSeed").VBObject("fraUserInput").VBObject("txtQuestion").wText

This is the code  for reading the text from the textbox which i use.

Also i have a button which is to be clicked at the time of execution.It is also not clicking sometimes at the time of execution. 

Sys.Process("Algcom").VBObject("frmParent").VBObject("picFocus").VBObject("ShFlash1").Button("S").Click

.Process("Algcom").VBObject("frmParent").VBObject("picFocus").VBObject("ShFlash1").Button("S").Click This is the code i use to click the button.

Because of this 2 reasons i am not able to automate my test.

What would be the possible reasons? What should i do to avoid this problems?

• Hi Siddhardha,

Do you have any errors in the test log posted when the issues occur?

A possible cause of this behavior is that TestComplete tries to perform an action over a control when the control is not ready yet. It is possible that the text box does not have a value yet when TestComplete tries to get it and the button is not created when TestComplete tries to click it. If this is the case, inserting a short delay (500-3000 ms) may help. You can delay the script execution by using the Delay method. Please find information in aqUtils.Delay
  • Hi

It is not the problem with Delay. Why because  these controls are always on the screen.there is no need for waiting for that control.

I got an Error logged in the Log report for the Button control problem is 

"Unable to find the object VBObject("frmSeed")."

I think it is not able to find "frmseed" window.but the window is there only.(window is open at the time of execution)

• Hi Siddhardha,

When this error is posted to the test log, the Remarks pane contains additional information that can help in finding out the cause of the problem. Could you please post here the content of the Remarks pane for this error?
  • Hi

i dont find remark pane in my log details.i think it is closed.How to open the Remark pane
  • I got the remark panel.

Below is the message found in the Reamrks Panel

Possible reasons:

- The object with the specified attributes does not exist.

- The current object tree model differs from the tree model that was active during the recording.

- The application stopped responding.

Possible solutions:

To avoid this error message, you can check whether the object exists before addressing it. To do this, get a reference to the object using the WaitChild method and check the Exists property of the returned object.

• Hi Siddhardha,

Ok, thanks for the information. I have an assumption that your application is not recognized as Open. When the issue occurs next time, please open the Object Browser panel and check whether the Sys.Process("Algcom") object has the VBObject("frmSeed") child object. Please make an image of the expanded object tree of the process object and post the image here.