cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete string highlighting in 7.50 using DelphiScript

New Contributor

Incomplete string highlighting in 7.50 using DelphiScript

I upgraded two days ago to 7.50.  String highlighting had worked correctly in the previous version I had.  After upgrading, some of the strings are highlighted using the correct color (red), but others are not.  They default to the black.  These are scripts that were created in the previous version and the strings were highlighted correctly in them.  Has anyone seen this issue or have any ideas as to what to try?  (As a note, I have tried changing the color to black and then back to the original color.  That didn't help.)
3 REPLIES 3
Community Hero

RE: Incomplete string highlighting in 7.50 using DelphiScript

We reported the issue to AQA a week or two back.   They've reproduced

and are working on a fix.  I don't know what the status of the fix is but that is where it is currently.

You may notice that the places where the problem is happening are

places where the line either starts with the letter "A/a" or the

letter "A/a" is after a period (such as W1.Activate).

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
New Contributor

Thanks Robert.  Actually in my case it is after putting in an and in the middle of an expression.  Same thing though.
Community Hero

Yeah, it's the same thing because "and" starts with the letter "a".  It's really a rather strange bug... not sure what significance the letter "a" has to syntax highlighting but that is certainly the symptom that is common.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
API Testing Mistake #2
APITestingMistake#2
Top Kudoed Authors