Forum Discussion

roytberA
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

How to validate if object is hyperlink

I have to validate if objects are hyperlink.  I cannot find any properties that can identify if it is hyperlink.  

it will be something like this on screen...

Object 1

Object 2

How can I validate that Object 2 is a hyperlink?  I looked into both objects properties and they looked the same.  This objects are in a table, same column, different row.  

3 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Post the Advanced settings from Object Spy from the hyperlink object please.

sophiajoseph
    Occasional Visitor

Hello

I have to validate if objects are hyperlink. I cannot find any properties that can identify

Best Cheap Assignment Help in Australia

karkadil
      Valued Contributor

In order to help you to validate whether the object is hyperlink, we need to know the object type. There are many different controls and there is no universal way to achieve your goal. That's why Marsha asks you to post here screenshot of the Object Spy with your object.

However, I think you will be able to find out the way by yourself. I am attaching an example of the similar object which has a link inside the test. From the Object Spy you can see that in my case I can verify whether the property WndClass is equal to SysLink. Another way - is to check whether wText property contains <A> tag.

Explore your control's properties, I think you'll find a property which can be used to detect whether your object is hyperlink or not.