Forum Discussion

acm
Contributor
7 years ago

How to interact with an identified element in pop up window

Good afternoon,

I am having a tough time with an object in a pop-up window. It is a text input type.

Aliases.browser.pageIsmadsCreateEvent.panelHomeSection.textboxOfferDetailNameNewEvent

I was able to record and rename the object in Name Mapping.  When I try to highlight on screen, it cannot be highlighted.  When I run the test, this message is generated:  Waiting until the overlapped window becomes visible.

Here's a brief explanation of the 3 images attached:

1)   TC-pop-up-window-test-output

Shows the Workspace with test steps, and webpage/AUT.  The object in question appears in a green box.

2)   TC-pop-up-window-ContainerCode

Shows the Chrome console - HTML code for the container, i.e. pop-up window.

3)   TC-pop-up-window-InputTextBox-Code

Shows the HTML code for the object in question. i.e. text input type in the pop-up window.

Thank you in advance.

Arlene

6 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi Arlene,

I would prefer to see the same objects' hierarchy in TestComplete's Object Browser as it may differ from what Chrome shows and it is possible that in TC target text input field is indeed overlapped with some other object.

Also can you show how .textboxOfferDetailNameNewEvent object is namemapped?

And finally, have you tried your test code in some other browser to check if the problem is generic or specific to Chrome?

acm
      Contributor

Hi Alex,

I have not tested in other browsers; mostly due to the fact that I have only been using TestComplete to run with Chrome.  But I will check it out with IE/Firefox; my guess is - it will take me a while to go through the browser-setup process.

In the meantime, please see the attached for the object/name mapping.  Thank so much.  Let me know if the mapping screenshot is not enough.

Arlene

acm
      Contributor

Hi Alex,

Is the attachment from my previous response what you're needing to see?

Here's one of the Object Browser tab.  It does not look right.  Only has Mobile and Sys.

Thanks,

Arlene

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi Arlene,

Considering the fact that the mapped textbox cannot be highlighted from the NameMapping editor, I think that either it or one of its parents were mapped with the values of the mapping properties that have changed since mapping time or that mapping identification parameters are not unique enough and wrong control is identified.

I would do the following:

-- Highlight the textbox with the Object Spy;

-- Click the 'Highlight Object in the Object Tree' button in the Object Spy (the middle one with the tree icon) to navigate to this object in the Object Browser;

-- In the Object Browser right-click the selected textbox object and select the Highlight on Screen context menu command to check that the object can be highlighted and that the correct one is highlighted;

-- If the above pass, switch to the NameMapping editor and start highlighting mapped objects from, say, pageIsmadsCreateEvent one.It should be possible to highlight all objects down the tree. When you get to the object that cannot be highlighted, check its mapping properties - if they are correct and unique enough.

acm
      Contributor

Thanks for that, Alex.  I was in the process of taking the 1st step when I realized that, in the Object Browser, there are only 2 objects:  Mobile and Sys.  And they don't expand at all, i.e. no child objects.  That cannot be right?  How do I add Chrome browser so that it will appear in the Obj Browser? 

Totally confused now... I don't understand why, in the NameMapping>Mapped Objects, there can be tons of objects; but none in the Object Browser.

Thanks,

Arlene

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi Arlene,

I believe this is because the Show Tested Applications Only button (the leftmost) is pressed in the Object Browser and there are no Tested Applications defined in your test project (or they are not running).

Is the Sys node populated with objects if you de-press the Show Tested Applications Only button ?