Forum Discussion

Kamal_chennai
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

How to Use Project Path in Command Line Parameters

Hi All,

I try to open a file which is present in Project path by using Tested Apps, so i created one Tested apps

I have given "Project.Path+"Sample.xls"" in command line(Plz refere : Testedapps.png), then run the Tested apps it shown a error (Error.png)

Please correct me if i did anything wrong

Thanks

Kamal

• You can change the command line parameters of your test programmatically and then run the tested app:

TestedApps.test.Params.SimpleParams.CommandLineParameters = Project.Path + "\\dir1";
    TestedApps.test.Run();

9 Replies

Kamal_chennai
      Contributor

Hi baxatop/Tanya

Thanks for the Reply

For Baxatop  

Its working fine for single user if we give Working Path, but dynamic user, we can't give the exact path of the working folder. for.eg.,  The test case stored in revision control tool so there are 2 users working on that testcase one run from C:\user\Kamal\TC1 another one run from C:\user\Xyz\TC1. In this case we can't give a Exact path. That is why I want to use Project.Path operation in TestedApps

For Tanya

I also try to use Data Driven but Now I enhace the already developed script which is developed by TC8.6 . So if i change into Data driven i will take more time. If we use Project.Path operation in Tested apps then it will be great. If this feature not available in Testedapps then kindly add it to Feature enhancement

Thanks

Kamal

baxatob
        Community Hero

Hi Kamal,

You are using one TC project shared with few users and each of them has his own excel file - am I right?