Forum Discussion

vinod_ryaka
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

How to Resolve the "Preparing for an Object recognition hint" Takes too much time

While Execution the test takes too much time and says "Preparing for an object Recognition Hint" and starts loading and take too much time .

How to avoid this case

as i am using the descriptive Programming to find the object it shows when it is trying to find the object but doesn't   find 

i need to stop to aviod this and rerun the execution.

Pls Help me 

5 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Basically, that object recognition hint means that your code is attempting to access an on screen object that, due to any number of factors, cannot be found.  Something is incorrect in how you are attempting to identify the object.

So... you need to go to your Descriptive Programming definition for that object and determine if you are properly identifying the object.  

Additionally... if you let the automation continue through that notice, it will write to the test log an object recognition hint as a warning.  Please post here the information that shows in the "additional info" tab for that log record.

One final note: Descriptive Programming is methodology for UFT/QTP... you're not using those tools any more.  It's better for you to learn the recommended methodologies for TestComplete.  Please review documentation for NameMapping as well as the FindChild, and FindAllChildren methods of TestComplete for recognizing and accessing UI objects in the application.

vinod_ryaka
      Occasional Contributor
      I used find child of test complete feature only
      by providing the PropArray and ValueArray
        tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Then most likely there's something wrong with your property and value arrays.  You are attempting to find an object and then trying to access it... and the find failed.  Examine your arrays and make sure they are correct.