Forum Discussion

prabhjot88singh
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

How to Get text out of a Password Info Icon and print in your test script- TestComplete script mode

Hello House,

I have a change password web page,

In this Create Your Password page, there is password field and an "i" icon is present next to the Password creation rules.

When I Click "info icon" , correct password requirements are displayed.

Attached is the screenshot.

Could someone please share the code on how to get the text  of password rules inside this i information icon, as soon as the user mouse hover over  "i" icon of Password creation rules and print them in the log.

Note : i icon displaces away as soon as the mouse hover is removed from this place.

Best,

Prabhjot

• As you note in your screenshot...to be able to map or examine the window, you will use Shift-A click and fix to get the info.

To actually get the object to come up, you'll use MouseHover over the "i" icon.

as for specific code... once you get to that point, you'll simply grab the contentText of the popup.  That should get you what you need.

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

As you note in your screenshot...to be able to map or examine the window, you will use Shift-A click and fix to get the info.

To actually get the object to come up, you'll use MouseHover over the "i" icon.

as for specific code... once you get to that point, you'll simply grab the contentText of the popup.  That should get you what you need.