Forum Discussion

DCat1223
Frequent Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Help with Checkpoints to compare data on screen to data in a spreadsheet

Good afternoon. I have a Keyword test that requires me to compare data that displays on the screen in a Sharepoint Web app with data that resides in a spreadsheet – their respective fields should match.  I have been trying to do this utilizing Checkpoints but I am not having any success getting this to work and am starting to wonder if this is even the correct approach. 

I have attached a screenshot of the page I am referring to. There are probably twenty or so fields I need to verify and have noted them in red on the attachment.  They range from Names - Employee name, Spouse and Children to the type of Medical and Dental plans as well as the various costs to the employee and company for Health and Dental Care. 

I have a spreadsheet that has the values I would expect.  The data on the spreadsheet is set up as a Project lever variable.  I just can't seem to wire this up.   I am hoping somebody can help me with somehow validating that what appears on the screen matches what is in my spreadsheet.

Thank you for your help!

• Create your Property Checkpoint by stepping through the wizard and picking the object and the text that you want to compare.  Once you finish that, go to the Property Checkpoint line in your test and click once on the Value field to get the ... box to come up.  Click on that and you will see the parameters for the checkpoint.  Edit the Value in there and change it to your Project Variable. 

See attached.

3 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Create your Property Checkpoint by stepping through the wizard and picking the object and the text that you want to compare.  Once you finish that, go to the Property Checkpoint line in your test and click once on the Value field to get the ... box to come up.  Click on that and you will see the parameters for the checkpoint.  Edit the Value in there and change it to your Project Variable. 

See attached.

DCat1223
      Frequent Contributor

That was it.  Thank you again, Marsha.  I'm going to lobby to put you on the payroll! :)

But in all seriousness, I really appreciate your help.

Dave.