Forum Discussion

brook_grewcock
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Google has now removed npapi support from Chrome, what is SmartBear doing about Chrome support?

Months ago Google made it very clear that they were going to remove Netscape Plugin Application Programming Interface support from Chrome. In that time, what has SmartBear been doing to make sure that now, when support has been removed, I can still run tests against Chrome?

• Hi Brook_grewcock,

We’ve just released TestComplete 11.1 that supports new Chrome 45 (without NPAPI). So, you need to update your TestComplete version. You can do download the installation file in your SmartBear Account ( https://my.smartbear.com ).

21 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Brook_grewcock,

We’ve just released TestComplete 11.1 that supports new Chrome 45 (without NPAPI). So, you need to update your TestComplete version. You can do download the installation file in your SmartBear Account ( https://my.smartbear.com ).

brook_grewcock
      Contributor

Right now no updates are detected. I will try again in a few hours.

TestingHobo
      Contributor

I'm also having playback issues with chrome 45. TC will open chrome 45 but can not navigate to any page.

I am on version 11.0.644.7

Screenshot of the warning in Chrome and of extension

Untitled.png

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Richard_sloman,

You need to update to TestComplete 11.1 to execute tests in Chrome 45.

• Good to hear about the TestComplete v11.1 update.  I have two questions:

Is there a direct link to the update that we can download?  For some reason TestComplete cannot find the update, and since I am testing internal applications optimized solely for Chrome, I need to have this fixed.

Also, has TestExecute been updated to v11.1 as well with Chrome 45 support?  

Thanks!