Forum Discussion

Phanindra
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Getting Error: Unable to navigate to the URL/page while launching tests

I am unable to execute my tests when launched through a Jenkins job. Please find the environment details below:

TestComplete (Server): 14.81.217.7 x64
TestExecute (VM): 14.81.217.11

Chrome Version (Server): 91.0.4472.77
Chrome Version (VM): 91.0.4472.77

License Details:
TestComplete 14: node-locked
TestExecute 14: floating, 1 seat

Job Details:
Run interactive user session is turned ON and running a specific project suite.

Node Details:
Launch method: Launch agent by connecting it to the master
Internal data directory: remoting

Scenario 1:
Launch the VM through RDP session from the server machine and run the Jenkins job by keeping the VM session active then my tests will run. I can see the tests running through TestComplete chrome plugin.

Scenario 2:
Disconnect the VM and then run the jenkins job, after few minutes jenkins job will be marked as failure and I see following logs:
==========================

Started by user admin
Running as SYSTEM
Building remotely on DESKTOP-73F1U9C in workspace C:\jenkins\agent\workspace\test

[TestComplete] The test execution started (Packnet/Packnet).
[TestComplete] Found TestComplete/TestExecute installations:
Type: TE, Version: 14.81.217.11, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\x64\bin\TestExecute.exe"
Type: TELite, Version: 14.81.217.50, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecuteLite 14\x64\bin\TestExecuteLite.exe"
[TestComplete] Selected TestComplete/TestExecute installation:
Type: TE, Version: 14.81.217.11, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\x64\bin\TestExecute.exe"
[TestComplete] [WARNING] The node is connected via Java Web Start (JNLP). In this mode, the "Run interactive user session" property of the TestComplete Test step is ignored. TestComplete (or TestExecute) will work in the current user session.
[TestComplete] Launching the test runner.
$ '"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\x64\bin\SessionCreator.exe"' ExecuteProcess '/c:""C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\x64\bin\TestExecute.exe"" "C:\PackNet_Automation_POC\Packnet.pjs" /run /SilentMode /ForceConversion /ns /exit "/ExportLog:C:\jenkins\agent\workspace\test\1622818571792.tclogx" "/ExportLog:C:\jenkins\agent\workspace\test\1622818571792.htmlx" "/ErrorLog:C:\jenkins\agent\workspace\test\1622818571792.txt" "/ExportLog:C:\jenkins\agent\workspace\test\1622818571792.mht" "/project:Packnet" /DoNotShowLog /JenkinsTCPluginVersion:2.6.2'
[TestComplete] Test runner exit code: 2.
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Error: Unable to navigate to the http://localhost/packnet/#/Login page..
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Errors occurred during the test execution.
[TestComplete] Marking the build as UNSTABLE.
[TestComplete] The test execution finished (Packnet/Packnet).
Build step 'TestComplete Test' changed build result to UNSTABLE
Finished: UNSTABLE

==========================

I have manually launched the Jenkins agent through jnlp file and kept the console open to run my tests.

Appreciate your response on this.

Thanks!

Phani

8 Replies