Forum Discussion

guoguo
Contributor
9 years ago

From Chrome 46.0 back to Chrome 45.0

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know where can I download the Chrome 45.0?  We want to deinstall the Chrome 46.0 and reinstall Chrome 45.0, in order that the TestExecute can work with our tests again. 

We don't have a backup in our system. Thus, the only way to goback is install chrome 45.0.

Regards,

Jie

8 Replies

Colin_McCrae
      Community Hero

So far, the only method I've had ANY success with for stopping Chrome auto-update, is to delete it's "Update" folder.

See here: http://community.smartbear.com/t5/Functional-Web-Testing/Chrome-v-44/m-p/102713#U102713

But even that is no longer working in my VM. Although it has held up on my physical PC (just checked). No idea why it's holding on one and not the other.

And if you get an offline installer, be careful when you install with it. The first thing it does when the install completes is goes to the "About" page and looks for updates. So kill Chrome as soon as it starts after the offline installer completes.

I'm also curious why you want to go back to 45 from 46? My VM is running TC11.11 and works just as well with Chrome v46 as it did with v45?

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi All,

TestComplete 11.11 works fine with Chrome v. 46 without installing additional patches.

If your web tests stops working in Chrome, please make sure that TestComplete v. 11.11 is installed on your computer.