Forum Discussion

jg0888
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

For Loop does not incrementally increase unless table is refreshed.

I am using a KeywordTest, and the For Loop operation.

My Example: I have NameMapped "Cell(ProjectVariable, ColumnIndex)", where the Project Variable is Table_RowIndex. Since this is the value I want to incrementally increase in order to search down the table column for a specific value. When I refresh the page, it will increase this RowIndex; however, when I do not refresh the page, it does not increase the Row Index.

Has anyone run into this issue before? If so, how did you resolve the issue?

I attached the For Loop operation that I am running and the name mapping showing the variable. Please let me know if more information is necessary. Thanks!

• Mapped information is cached when accessed within the same test case.  So, when you refresh the page, you are actually refreshing that cache because the cached object handles no longer exist.  If you want to force this without actually doing a page refresh, before you reference the mapped object, on the table itself, call "RefreshMappingInfo" and see if that helps.

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Mapped information is cached when accessed within the same test case.  So, when you refresh the page, you are actually refreshing that cache because the cached object handles no longer exist.  If you want to force this without actually doing a page refresh, before you reference the mapped object, on the table itself, call "RefreshMappingInfo" and see if that helps.

jg0888
      Contributor

tristaanogre It appears to be working when I use the action item "RefreshMappingInfo" on the table. Thank you so much!